Thursday, July 26, 2007

Kate Spade is a stepping down as desgner

Kate Spade and her hubby, Mr. Kate Spade are stepping down from their posts as Designer and CEO, in a breaking news report from WWD.

Just as well.

I never liked her stuff even though I tried to...I just...I don't. Her designs...they're boxy. Predictable. Boring. Clench-jaw Upper East Side prep school girls. Not a fan. I'm speaking about her clothes and shoes, though. No comment on her housewares, her dishes and such. They are ok, I suppose. Inoffensive, anyway.

Of course like all designers these days, she doesn't own her own company, the company Liz Claiborne Inc does. She just works for them. It's kinda messed up when you think about it. It's your name. It's you. It's built around you. But you don't own it anymore. You sold it and now you're an employee. Weird.

No comments: